Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tasting - Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg Sylvaner





















Name: Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg Sylvaner
Variety: 100%  Sylvaner
Region: Rheinhessen
Country: Germany
Year: 2010
Price: $4.95 (on sale)

Winery Review:
“The fruity, mouthwatering wine has a nice acidity-sugar balance and comes from the so called 'Rheinhessen-Switzerland', the heartland of Rheinhessen. It has a floral bouquet and is full of lemon zest, hint of passion fruit, and smells like yellow fruit, lemon-grass and green tea, all wrapped around a pleasant creaminess and a semi-dry profile. The finish is zippy and refreshing. Perfect for party on the deck as it comes in a liter bottle!”

My Review:
The very first thing I noticed during the tasting were the crystals on the bottom of the wine bottle, which looked very cool. I had never seen anything but wine in wine bottles so this was something new, and I learned that they were tartaric acid crystals. I could definitely smell a slightly lemony scent to this wine, but otherwise it was pretty mild. This wine was very refreshing to taste, and I tasted overwhelmingly floral notes. I think this was my favorite wine of this tasting, although it was also my last so the alcohol may have something to do with that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment