Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tasting - Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Moscato 2013



Name: Angove Zibibbo
Variety: Sparkling Moscato
Country: South Australia
Year: 2013
Price: $15, Sale $7.95

Winery Review: This is a tasty and generous Moscato  that opens with plush aromas of honey, peach syrup, white flower and fragrant exotic fruit. There’s a nice sensation of fullness and creaminess in the mouth that is backed by the foamy effervescence of this sparkling dessert wine.

My Review: This had a very light smell that was overwhelmingly sweet. I distinctly smelled the honey in it (as did everyone else I was with), along with a hint of figs. It also smelled very syrupy, which I think went with the whole sweet and honey smells. As expected, the taste was overwhelmingly sweet as well and I could clearly taste the honey. The bubbly feeling in the mouth also added a nice layer to the wine which I enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment