Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tasting - Delaroche Cotes Du Rhone





















Name: Delaroche Cotes du Rhone
Variety: 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache, 10% Mourvedre
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95


Winery Review:
“This semi-opaque ruby, custom cuvee of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre is made specifically for Fran Kysela. It exhibits very fresh, ripe dark red fruit with very good palate weight and depth and ends with rich fruit notes. Made from organically grown grapes. Incredible value!” –I-WineReview (Dec 2013) – 90 pts. (The Vintage Cellar)

My Review:
The smell of this wine was very mild for me. I couldn't really make out any distinct smells or things that stood out for what it could taste like. However, upon tasting it I definitely tasted various red fruits and it tasted less dry than the other wines I'd tried so far during this tasting. I found it funny that the official review mentioned that the wine used organically grown grapes... how would you taste the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment