Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tasting - The Royal Old Vines Chenin Blanc 2012


Name: The Royal Old Vines Steen

Variety: Chenin Blanc
Region: Western Cape
Country: South Africa
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95

Winery Review: 90 Points - Robert Parker "One of the greatest buys I have tasted this year is this under $10, 100% Chenin Blanc from the Western Cape. A super flowery- scented nose includes notions of ripe honeydew melons and pears. This medium-weight, fresh, fruity, crisp, dry, textbook Chenin Blanc will provide immense pleasure over the next 12 months"

My Review: This wine smelled very refreshing to me, which I hadn't experienced with any other wine I've tried so far. However, I didn't really taste any of the fruits mentioned, such as the honeydew or pears, probably because their tastes are already somewhat subdued. I believe I may have tasted the honeydew, but I haven't had any honeydew in a while so I may just be imagining things. The winery review also stated that it was dry, but I didn't really taste any dryness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment