Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tasting - Fetzer Malbec 2011


Name: Fetzer Malbec

Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $15, sale $7.95

Winery Review: Delicious Malbec is 100% from Mendoza, Argentina. It has a vibrant red color with violet tones. Subtle and delicious aromas with an intense mixture of red fruits, plum and cherry jam. On the palate it’s juicy and has intense wood-like tannins that make it a rustic, yet versatile wine. Long finish.

My Review: I definitely smelled the plum in this wine more than any other smell of red fruits. On tasting the wine it tasted very juicy which I don't think I'd encountered yet with any other wines. I could also taste the plum. I'm starting to see a pattern here, where whatever fruits I smell are also the ones I taste. I don't often taste fruits that I haven't smelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment