Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tasting - Ixeia Chardonnay 2012



Name: Ixeia Chardonnay

Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: Somontano
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $10.99

Winery Review: In the far north of the Spanish province of Aragon, lies the up and coming wine region of Somontano. There, in the foothills of the Pyrenees, they use both traditional Spanish grapes, as well as foreign grapes like this Chardonnay. Unoaked and mineral-laden, we loved its aromas of pineapple, green apple, and white flowers, and its crisp yet creamy palate. Interestingly the Bal d Isabena winery’s unique and informative label is in Spanish and Polish (don’t worry, the legal back label is in English)

My review: This wine had a distinct apple juice smell. If I had had my eyes closed and someone had brought this wine to me, I probably would have guessed that it was apple juice instead of wine just by the smell. The taste was very sweet and crisp, but I did not get any creaminess from it. I liked this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment