Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tasting - Charles Thomas Cotes du Rhone 2011



Name: Charles Thomas Cotes du Rhone

Variety: 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache, and 10% Mourvedre
Region: Rhone
Country: France
Year: 2010
Price: $9.99

Winery Review: Importer Fran Kysela commissioned this remarkable red Rhone bargain from a winery near Pont Saint Esprit just north of Avignon in the sunny south of France. A classic blend of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache, and 10% Mourvedre, it’s delights with loads of juice berry fruits spiced with provencal herbs. Organic and traditionally-made, it delivers great value for a pleasurable price.

My review: The smell of this wine was very vibrant and I could definitely smell the apple in it. However, I noticed that the smell of this wine changed as it settled after I had swirled it. For example, when it was still swirling, I smelled the apple distinctly, but once it stopped swirling and had sat for a bit I couldn't identify the smell anymore and it definitely had changed. The taste of the wine was pretty sour and it had a medium finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment