Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tasting - Tres Ojos Garnacha 2011


Name: Tres Ojos

Variety: 100% Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95

Winery Review: "This semi-opaque ruby, custom cuvée of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre is made specifically for Fran Kysela. It exhibits very fresh, ripe dark red fruit with very good palate weight and depth and ends with rich fruit notes. Made from organically grown grapes. Incredible value!"
- I-WineReview (December 2013), 90 pts.

My Review: The first thing I noticed about this wine was how incredibly red it was, more so than others I've seen. The smell consisted of a red fruit smell but upon tasting it I found it somewhat hard to swallow. I wasn't sure why it was hard to swallow for me, but I think it may have been a combination of the dryness and acidity. The wine also had a very heavy and distinct finish. I think this may have been my favorite wine of this tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment