Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tasting - Perrin Cotes du Rhone Reserve 2011




Name: Perrin Cotes du Rhone Reserve

Variety: 30% Syrah, 70% Grenache
Region: Rhone
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $11.99

Winery Review: The Perrin family has taken particular care that this Cotes du Rhone meets their stringent standards of excellence. As propietors of Chateau de Beaucastel in Chateauneuf-du-Pape, and producers of La Vieille Ferme from the Cotes du Ventoux and Luberon, the Perrin family has demonstrated exceptionally high standards for nearly a century. Jean-Pierre and Francois father, Jacques Perrin, was a gifted winemaker who brought world renown to the family domaine, introducing innovative techniques in the cellar, such as flash-eat exchange for maximum extract, integrated pest control and organic farming practices in the vineyards. Now the next generation of winemakers – Pierre, Marc and Thomas – has joined Jean-Pierre and Francois to continue the proud family tradition – The Importer

My review: This wine was pretty similar to the Charles Thomas Cotes du Rhone that I had at the same tasting, even though they had different makeups of grapes and percentages. I think having the Charles Thomas right before this one mixed my judgement and made them taste similar. Like the Charles Thomas, I smelled the apple in this wine and it was sour and dry to the taste. I don't think I would be able to tell the difference between this wine and the previous one if they were both right in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment