Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tasting - Panther Creek Pinot Gris 2010



Name: Panther Creek Pinot Gris

Variety: 96% Pinot Gris, 4% Viognier
Region: Oregon
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $13.49

Winery Review: Bright, refreshing, and oh so tasty, this Pinot Gris has zesty notes of pink grapefruit and lime with beautiful florals intermingled. Composed of fruit from both the Rogue Valley and the Willamette Valley as well as approximately 4% Viognier, this wine is highly aromatic and has a nice weight to it mid-palate. The finish is long with wonderfully balanced acididty and texture

My review: When smelling this wine, I couldn't smell either the grapefruit or the lime, however I did smell the floral scents intermingled in the nose. The taste had some hints of lime, but what I noticed most was definitely the finish. The finish in this wine was incredibly long, lasting around 10 to 15 seconds. It really stayed in your mouth and let you know that it meant business. I think I'm a fan of long finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment