Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tasting - Maipe Torrontés





















Name: Maipe Torrontés
Variety: 100% Torrontés
Region: Medoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2013
Price: $7.95

Winery Review:
Spring-like nose of fresh white peaches, pears, green apple, green melon, and hints of jasmine and rose petals. On the palate, it has a beautiful structure and acidity along with fruit flavors and plenty of body. Well balanced, this wine displays a pleasant freshness with citrus notes and a long finish. Best enjoyed in its youth either by itself, or as a wonderful partner with smoked meats, mild to medium-strong cheeses, seafood and a great partner for spicy food as well.

My Review:
The Torrontés had a floral and overwhelmingly sweet smell for me with a hint of peaches. I was surprised to read the official review and see peaches listed as the top fruit, as well as jasmine and rose petals. I couldn't believe I actually caught those smells! This wine tasted very sweet to me along with lots of acidity, which was listed in the official review as well. This wine may have been my favorite purely because of how accurately I caught the tastes in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment