Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tasting - Baumann Gentil Classiq 2012




Name: Baumann Gentil Classiq 2012
Variety: Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Muscat, Gewurtztraminer, Pinot Gris
Region: Alsace
Country: France
Year: 2012
Price: $9.95

Winery Review: “A delicious and fresh blend of Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Muscat, Gewurztraminer, and Pinot Gris. Light aromas of fresh fruit and delicate white flowers start your journey, followed by crisp flavors of stone and citrus fruit. A well balanced acidity on the dry finish ends this French blend beautifully.” Vintage Cellar
 
My Review: The aroma of this wine was floral and very sweet. I could definitely tell that the wine was going to be sweet just from the smell because I picked it up so distinctly. I felt the wine had good acidity but I did not feel a dry finish at all even though both the review and the person handing out the wines remarked about the dry finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment