Sunday, March 2, 2014

Tasting - CalNaturale Cabernet Sauvignon Paso Robles 2009




Name: CalNaturale Cabernet Sauvignon Paso Robles 2009
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon and Viognier
Region: Paso Robles, California
Country: United States
Year: 2009
Price: $16

Winery Review: 95 % Cabernet Sauvignon with 5% Viognier this certified organic winery produces outstanding quality at reasonable prices offering classic Cabernet flavors of fresh herb, olive, cedar and cassis. Focused and intense, with a charming rustic side and broad tannins that firm up on the finish. –Vintage Cellar

My Review: The first thing I noticed, of course, was that this wine came in a juice box, so I wasn't sure what to expect. When smelling this wine, I detected hints of a black fruit jam, but I couldn't place which one. It also smelled very dry so I was expecting a dry wine, but not as dry as this turned out to be. Holy hell was this wine dry. It was also very woody, but the most distinct thing about this was its dryness.

No comments:

Post a Comment