Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tasting - Jam Jar Muscat




Name: Jam Jar
Variety: Sweet White 100% Muscat
Country: South Africa
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95

Winery Review: 100 % Muscat. Soft floral hints add depth to the otherwise straightforward ripe peach and nectarine aromas. There’s a good balance in the mouth, with a nice acidic lift and slightly lime edge to cut the sweetness on the finish and close with the faintest hint of honeydew melons.

My Review: I don't think I've ever had Muscat so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was assuming that it was like moscato. The nose of this wine was super duper sweet. You could easily smell all of the sugar in it. The taste was not very alcoholic and it was very toned down, and again it tasted pretty sweet. It did remind me of moscato. It was also pretty light bodied and I think I detected the honeydew.

No comments:

Post a Comment