Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tasting - Vina Borgia Grenache



Name: Vina Borgia
Variety: 100% Grenache
Country: Spain
Region: Campo de Borja
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95

Winery Review: 86 Points – Robert Parker
Also made from 100% Grenache, the 2012 Vina Borgia was fermented and aged in stainless steel. Its medium dark ruby color is followed by abundant notes of strawberries and black cherries offered in a straightforward, medium-bodied, soft, hedonistic, round style. It is hard to believe a wine this good can sell for $7 a bottle. Enjoy it over the next 1-2 years.

My Review: This wine had a really nice color to it which I liked. The nose smelled overwhelmingly like cherries, it was very pronounced. I couldn't smell any of the strawberries. The wine had very nice tannins that felt very nice in the mouth. I could also easily taste the cherries as well. Overall, I really enjoyed this wine mostly because of the tannins which gave it a very round flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment