Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tasting - Yealands Estate Seaview Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc



Name: Yealands Estate Seaview Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95

Review: This aromatic wine shows lifted flavours of blackcurrant with underlying notes of wet stone and thyme. The palate is elegant yet full with sufficient weight and texture, balanced by a flinty minerality. This wine is a fantastic match with foods such as cheese salad, poultry dishes and a wide range of seafood dishes including freshly shucked natural oysters, prawns, green lip mussels and creamy scallops.

My Review: This wine had a very pungent nose, with an after nose that was pretty sweet. It tasted tarty but there was something different about it that I couldn't quite put my finger on. The finish also lasted a very long time. The unfamiliar taste was something I had tasted before, but I couldn't get the exact description of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment