Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tasting - Librandi Ciro Rosso Classico



Name: Librandi Ciro Rosso Classico
Variety: Rosso Blend
Region: Calabria
Country: Italy
Price: $3.95

Review: Don’t let the pale garnet color fool you:  this is a substantial wine.  Aromas of red fruits and spice complement undertones of cranberries, wild berries, and plums.  On the palate, ripe tannins and good body make for an incredibly rich, yet easygoing red wine.  Pair this wine with sausage, spicy curry sauces, hot soppressata, and tandoori chicken.

My Review: This wine had an abundance of red fruits on the nose and was very oaky and plummy. You could easily smell the oak aging. The tannins were also very nice on this wine. I actually had some of the last wine left in my glass when this one was poured so I think the last wine also affected the taste of this one, as I did get some hint of tropical fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment