Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tasting - Weinert Carrascal 2008



Name: Weinert Carrascal
Variety: 40% Malbec, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2008
Price: $13.95

Review: Aged for two years in cask, the 2008 Carrascal is a blend of 40% Malbec, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon and 25% Merlot. It has a rustic blackberry, scorched earth and leather-scented bouquet with touches of pressed flowers. The palate is well-balanced with crisp tannins, expressive black tarry fruit and a Bordeaux-like finish. Drink now-2016.

My Review: Again, another wine that I definitely have not had before. I'm not sure what Carrascal even is, but this was a blend of a bunch of wines I enjoy so I had good expectations going in. The nose on this wine carried a lot of heat with lots of fruits as well. It was overall a very strong wine. The taste had plum characteristics, but again I got lots of heat. I could definitely taste the leather charactertistics which was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment