Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tasting - Gougenheim Torrontes 2012



Name: Gougenheim Torrontes
Variety: Torrontes
Region: Valle Escondido
Country: Argentina
Year: 2012
Price: $9.95

Review: The 2012 Torrontes comes from Chilecito in La Rioja. It has a light floral nose with touches of lemon peel and nectarine. The palate is crisp and taut, showing far more vivacity and fruit that the nose implied, finishing with a flourish of apricot and white peach. Drink now.

My Review: The nose on this wine was pretty sweet. I don't think I've had many torrontes so I didn't have much to compare to. All I knew was that it was white so it would most likely be sweet. The taste was very refreshing and light, with a tart hit to it and the taste of apricots as well. I enjoyed this wine a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment