Sunday, April 20, 2014

Tasting - Georges DuBoeuf Beaujlaie Nouveau


Name: Georges DuBoeuf Beaujolaie Nouveau
Variety: Gamay
Region: France
Price: $14; Sale for $3.95

Winery Review: Balanced and lightly creamy, offering pretty flavors of plum sauce and 
raspberry coulis threaded with hints of ground spice. Elegant, with a floral finish. Drink now

My Review: This wine was the same wine that we tried a couple of weeks ago, but now aged a little and sold for a much cheaper price. The nose on this was a little funky and a little dry, which might have been influenced by the fact that they said the wine was old. I didn't get any of the yogurty smells I had gotten the first time I tried it. The taste was very similar to the nose -- a little funky and a little dry. Overall I didn't like this wine now, although people were grabbing it left and right because of the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment