Sunday, April 20, 2014

Tasting - Heinz Eifel Shine Riesling 2012



Name: Heinz Eifel Shine Riesling
Variety: Riesling
Region: Germany
Year: 2012
Price: $9.95

Winery Review: This drier-styled Riesling is bright, fruity and floral with crisp acidity and clean flavors of apple, pear and peach that compliment its stony minerality and earthy complexity. It serves well as an aperitif and matches a wide variety of foods, like lighter salad dishes, shellfish, cream sauces and also anything with a touch of spice.

My Review: The nose on this wine was sweet and fruity, with hints of the pear as well. However, this wine ended up being way sweeter than I expected with a very sweet and sugary taste. At the same time, it was kind of dry too. I thought I would have liked this reisling but I actually didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment